Setting Your BPCI Advanced Strategy: Understanding the Key Drivers of Success
Medicare’s Bundled Payment for Care Improvement Advanced (BPCI Advanced) program is more than just a value-based payment contracting option. It has significant strategic implications for physician alignment, commercial payer contracting, and ACO strategy. It can also make physicians eligible for the MACRA Alternative Payment Model 5% bonus. Deciding about BPCI Advanced involves much more than a simple calculation of savings opportunities.
- Learn BPCI Advanced program requirements, financial opportunity, and risks
- Understand key drivers of success, including analytics, post-acute strategy, and physician engagement
- See how to evaluate episode options and determine which episodes are likely to be successful
- Assess whether BPCI Advanced will secure the MACRA 5% bonus
- Recognize strategic considerations
- How does BPCI Advanced look to physician groups – will they apply and outmaneuver hospitals?
- How can hospitals use BPCI Advanced to align with physicians?
- How does BPCI Advanced interact with ACOs and other value-based arrangements?
- Is there opportunity for commercial bundles as well?
- What are effective strategies for care redesign based on the bundles chosen?