Veralon is continuously seeking opportunities to share our experience and knowledge with healthcare leaders. Upcoming events include:
Thursday, March 21st, 2019, 1:00pm ET“Amazon and Other Disruptors Transforming Healthcare: What You Must Do” – Meredith Inniger, Manager & Roie Rennert, AssociateHPMSNJ Webinar
Online WebinarThursday, March 21st, 2019, 1:00pm ET“Amazon and Other Disruptors Transforming Healthcare: What You Must Do” – Meredith Inniger, Manager & Roie Rennert, AssociateHPMSNJ Webinar
Is your organization ready to address the implications of powerful new industry disruptors?
This thought-provoking webinar will provide an in-depth overview of how Amazon, Apple, Google, Optum, CVS/Aetna and others are disrupting the traditional healthcare model. Join us and find out how their skills-providing consumers with direct access to services-artificial intelligence, predictive analytics, and remote monitoring technologies-will shape healthcare’s future.
Participants will learn:
- What role they will play in delivering and financing care
- Where traditional providers will fit in this new environment
- Whether the disruption will be an opportunity or a threat to hospitals and health systems
Saturday, March 23rd, 2019, 2:30pm-3:30pmWIHL Symposium 2019
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14850Saturday, March 23rd, 2019, 2:30pm-3:30pm“Driving Disruption: Innovating to Stay Ahead of the Industry” – Karin Kaplan, DirectorWIHL Symposium 2019
Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14850
Karin is speaking, as part of a panel discussion, at the Cornell Sloan annual Women in Healthcare Leadership Symposium.
Thursday, March 28th, 2019, 2:00pm-2:30pm ESTWaypoint Webinar
Online WebinarThursday, March 28th, 2019, 2:00pm-2:30pm EST“Emphasis on Action: Data to Insight to Action” – Amanda Brown, ManagerWaypoint Webinar
- Are your leaders leveraging meaningful dashboards to make decisions and take action – or are you still focused on meeting go-live dates and quantity of solutions built?
- Are you investing a lot into data and analytics but have little ROI or results to show for it?
- Are you struggling with the adoption of analytic solutions by users?
Acuity Analytics and Veralon can help! As healthcare and analytics consulting professionals we help organizations truly operationalize analytics. Our focus is using analytics to support decision making such that organizations can take action and achieve results. There are a number of common pitfalls we see organizations hit often and in this webinar we will summarize how to avoid these pitfalls and follow our recommended steps to maximize your analytics investment.
In this 30-minute webinar, we will discuss:
- How to get the most out of your analytic investment
- Deep dive on our methodology (the 4 A’s) for operationalizing analytics
- How to measure success, utilize best practices, avoid common pitfalls, and improve in problem areas
- Provide success stories through real client examples
Thursday, March 28th, 2019, 9:15 AM - 10:55 AMHFMA Metro Philadelphia Chapter Spring Institute
Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, Philadelphia, PAThursday, March 28th, 2019, 9:15 AM - 10:55 AM“Innovations in Healthcare” – Rudd Kierstead, PrincipalHFMA Metro Philadelphia Chapter Spring Institute
Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, Philadelphia, PA
Rudd is speaking, as part of a panel discussion, at the HFMA’s Spring Instiute in Philadelphia.
Thursday, April 25th, 2019, 4:00pm - 5:00pmNAMCP Spring Managed Care Forum
Rosen Shingle Creek, Orlando, Florida.Thursday, April 25th, 2019, 4:00pm - 5:00pm“Using Data Analytics for ACO Performance Improvement.” – Amanda Brown, ManagerNAMCP Spring Managed Care Forum
Rosen Shingle Creek, Orlando, Florida.
Analyzing integrated claims and clinical data is a powerful tool for elevating performance under value-based payment contracts. Yet the majority of healthcare organizations struggle to produce the reports needed to act upon opportunities to improve population health and reduce costs of care.
To gain the most value from claims analysis, hospitals and physician practices need the tools and skill sets to spot high-level trends and identify top cost drivers and opportunities for improvement. They also must be able to track performance against payer-specific metrics, compare performance to appropriate benchmarks, and create customized reports that drive action for individual service lines, practices, and physicians.
This session will focus on using a data analytics tool to address these issues, and on what is required for implementation. We will use a case study example of how data analytics led to improvements in an under-performing ACO.
Participants will learn:
- The importance of reconciling back to payer reports, utilizing benchmarks, and appropriately risk-adjusting data
- How to use claims data analytics to:
- Optimize the participant roster
- Uncover performance improvement opportunities
- Select performance improvement initiatives to maximize impact on financial results
- Develop physician report cards to track process.
Thursday, May 2nd, 2019, 9:45am -10:45 am“That Ship has Sailed…or Not? What Can Those Still Exploring Affiliation Learn from the Deals that Have Already Closed?” – Daniel M. Grauman, Managing Director & CEOAHLA Health Care Transactions
JW Marriott Nashville Hotel, Nashville, TNThursday, May 2nd, 2019, 9:45am -10:45 am“That Ship has Sailed…or Not? What Can Those Still Exploring Affiliation Learn from the Deals that Have Already Closed?” – Daniel M. Grauman, Managing Director & CEOAHLA Health Care Transactions
JW Marriott Nashville Hotel, Nashville, TN
The flurry of affiliations that began in haste with the ACA continues. The early returns are starting to come in on how these affiliations are working out, and whether they fulfill their promise. The number of distressed hospitals in America is growing and many hospitals are currently considering transactions and/or affiliations. What can those still exploring affiliation learn from the data on deals that have already closed? How can they use the experience of others to inform your important upcoming decision. This presentation will provide:
- Various models that exist across the continuum, from full acquisition to “less integrated” transactions/affiliations with other hospitals, health systems and provider entities
- Partner options available to an organization along with the legal implications of each
- A look beyond mission and vision and discuss some unique market conditions that impact an organization’s real options
- A framework for evaluating the effectiveness of the different affiliation options
- The findings on the value proposition of joining a larger system
- The determinants of success Case studies