Physician Enterprise Organizational Assessment
Multi-specialty physician group affiliated with an independent community hospital
To develop recommendations for improvement of the physician enterprise given its significant growth, its increased importance to the health system, and the changing healthcare landscape.
Veralon conducted an organizational assessment, including interviews with providers and leadership, to assess current organizational dynamics and provider satisfaction, and identify areas on which to focus improvement efforts.
The organization’s rapid expansion over the prior three years meant that new governance, operational, and cultural practices were needed. More consistent staffing and resource allocation between practice locations was required to improve provider and staff satisfaction. Our recommendations included:
- Refining the organization’s vision and goals
- Restructuring physicians’ role in governance and strategic decision making
- Clearly defining the roles and responsibilities of physician leaders
- Clarifying and formalizing decision-making processes and communications channels
- Developing talent management and succession planning programs
Veralon facilitated an organization-wide strategic planning retreat based on our findings and recommendations. The practice identified short and long-term goals, as well as implementation action plans.