Working At Veralon: Value Proposition Statement
Veralon offers you a positive, collegial work environment, where we value life-long learning and your professional development. As a Veralon employee, you will have the opportunity to be a member of multiple teams that include direct working relationships with our highly experienced senior leadership team. You will work on a range of strategic and financial engagements, providing accurate, reliable and thoughtful consultative services to our valued clients. Veralon has built our firm so that you have the opportunity to grow professionally, and build a career in consulting. We work hard at Veralon, and we believe you should enjoy your work and have time and energy to develop and maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Physician Compensation FMV Early Careerist in Health Care Management Consulting
Physician Compensation FMV Career Opportunity in Health Care Management Consulting
Veralon, a healthcare management consulting firm, is seeking full-time experienced candidates with expertise in physician compensation fair market value opinions and design. Consultants may be in one of our offices in: Philadelphia, New York, Chicago or Los Angeles.
Veralon is a healthcare management consulting firm that partners with our clients to provide guidance and assistance with strategic initiatives, mergers and transactions, valuations, physician integration and emerging payment models. We rely on data-driven analyses, financial acumen, and our collective experiences to prepare customized solutions for our clients’ needs.
We recognize that our people are our greatest assets. Our fundamental desire as an employer is to be the best place you’ve ever worked. We know this is a lofty goal and not easily achieved. So, how is Veralon different?
- Our people are incredibly talented and driven, but also believe that the professional environment in which we spend so much of our time should be both stimulating and fun
- We don’t simply want to impact our clients and the healthcare industry, we make it happen
- We’re a vibrant and growing healthcare management consulting firm and we offer every employee the opportunity to shape our future
- Many companies talk about work-life balance, but we live it. While our work can be demanding, we ensure our employees have the capacity to pursue the things they love outside of the office
As a Financially Focused Health Care Consultant at Veralon, You’ll Have the Opportunity to:
- Play a key role in client engagements, including both the client relationship and the project management, with direct support from the Engagement Director or Principal
- Prepare and provide clear and concise presentations of findings and implications to clients with increasing independence
- Demonstrate an ability to build and maintain client relationships
- Serve as an educator and mentor to engagement staff
- Work in a collaborative, team-based environment
- Travel to client sites on an as-needed basis (travel typically amounts to less than 30% of work time, so our Senior Associates & Managers don’t live out of their suitcases);
- Participate in Veralon’s professional education and development activities (e.g., Orientation, Lunch & Learn Sessions);
- Expand sales, marketing and business development by assisting in conceptualizing, researching, and writing firm publications, plus supporting Veralon’s general marketing and business development efforts
- Grow into an increasingly important role and have the opportunity to assume a leadership role in the firm
Ideal Candidates Will Have:
- Prior experience in consulting for hospitals/health systems
- 4-8 years of demonstrated experience and interest in health care financial modeling, valuation and/or physician compensation
- An MHA, MHSA or MBA (or equivalent degree) in healthcare management
- Valuation credentials (CPA/ABV, CVA, ASA, CFA), preferred
- Established proficiency in use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
But the People We Really Want Are:
- Fiercely committed to helping clients solve difficult problems
- Not just interested in the details, but obsessed with getting them right
- Intelligent and accomplished, while striving to continually improve and develop
- Team players who put “we” far in front of “me”
- Engaged and enthusiastic life-long learners
- Passionate about the healthcare industry, and
- Self-starters who are also comfortable asking the necessary questions to get the job done.
MORE ABOUT VERALON
Veralon is a national leader in healthcare strategy, valuation and finance, with outstanding planning and specialized implementation skills. We provide our clients strong financial capabilities and deep senior-level expertise and have completed thousands of consulting engagements for health systems, community hospitals, academic medical centers, physician groups, health plans, Accountable Care Organizations, physician-hospital organizations and clinically integrated networks. We have worked with clients in 47 of the 50 states, as well as Canada. Once clients work with us, they tend to come back – 70 percent of our business comes from clients we have worked with previously.
Our team is comprised of highly experienced and seasoned professionals, providing a rich environment for expanding one’s knowledge in the healthcare industry. Qualified and interested candidates should submit their resume, cover letter and their undergraduate and graduate school transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable) to firstname.lastname@example.org.