Veralon is a healthcare management consulting firm that partners with our clients to provide guidance and assistance with strategic initiatives, mergers and transactions, valuations, physician integration and emerging payment models. We rely on data-driven analyses, financial acumen, and our collective experiences to prepare customized solutions for our clients’ needs.
We recognize that our people are our greatest assets. Our fundamental desire as an employer is to be the best place you’ve ever worked. We know this is a lofty goal and not easily achieved. So, how is Veralon different?
- Our people are incredibly talented and driven, but also believe that the professional environment in which we spend so much of our time should be both stimulating and fun.
- We don’t simply want to impact our clients and the healthcare industry, we make it happen.
- We are a growing healthcare management consulting firm and we offer every employee the opportunity to shape our future.
- Many companies talk about work-life balance, but we live it. While our work can be demanding, we ensure our employees have the capacity to pursue the things they love outside of the office.
This position supports our clients and our compensation valuation engagement team by providing data analysis, modeling, interpretation, and reporting. As a key member of the compensation valuation team, you will assist in the development of both simple and complex valuations of physician compensation arrangements.
Our Senior Associate role is a final step before becoming a Manager at Veralon. In this dynamic role, you will have the opportunity to both support engagements as well as act as an engagement manager, as you gain managerial effectiveness and hone your leadership skills.
- Understand the regulatory environment, mechanics of healthcare reimbursement, entity and arrangement types, and overall industry trends and risks;
- Summarize and analyze physician compensation and productivity data, including market data analyses, interpretation of compensation data, and comparative analysis to industry benchmarks;
- Recognize and analyse problems regarding agreements and the conceptual framework for fair market value;
- Oversee the development of engagement deliverables by more junior staff, reviewing for technical accuracy, quality, completeness, timeliness and use of appropriate language;
- Supervise staff by proactively sharing knowledge, use of tools, approaches and methodologies established by the firm;
- Guide staff in research, data collection and analytics.
- Act as a key client liaison, including building client relationships through serving as a key point person for client questions, attendance at client meetings, and being proactive in anticipating client needs and questions.
- Participate in report and proposal writing
As a Senior Associate at Veralon, You’ll Have the Opportunity to:
- Play a key role in client engagements, including both the client relationship and engagement management, with direct support from the Engagement Director or Principal;
- Participate in Veralon’s professional education and development activities (e.g., Orientation, Lunch & Learn Sessions);
- Work in a collaborative, team-based environment;
- Contribute to all aspects of engagements in a meaningful way;
- Actively participate in and lead client meetings and presentations;
- Supervise staff on some engagements;
- Assist in conceptualizing, researching, and writing firm publications;
- Support Veralon’s general marketing and business development efforts;
- Participate in, and occasionally lead, Veralon’s internal learning efforts;
- Travel to client sites on an as-needed basis (travel typically amounts to less than 20% of work time, so our Senior Associates don’t live out of their suitcases)
All Candidates Must Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field is required, ideally with an emphasis in finance, economics, statistics, mathematics, accounting or not-for-profit management
- 4-7 years of experience working within a consulting, compensation, health care-related firm or hospital/health system
- A genuine interest in consulting for hospitals/health systems, provider contracting organizations, health plans, and other health service companies;
- Established proficiency in use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint; and
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Communication and presentation skills and the ability to interact with and present findings to clients with clarity and confidence
- An MHA, MHSA or MBA (or equivalent degree) in healthcare management, or equivalent work experience at a healthcare provider, hospital or health system is preferred
But the People We Really Want Are:
- Fiercely committed to helping clients solve difficult problems
- Not just interested in the details, but obsessed with getting them right
- Intelligent and accomplished, while striving to continually improve and develop
- Team players who put “we” far in front of “me”
- Engaged and enthusiastic life-long learners
- Passionate about the healthcare industry
- Self-starters who are also comfortable asking the necessary questions to get the job done
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume, or any questions.